Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Pure Heart

Today is the 4th day of our annual week of prayer.
Each day we have a different prayer focus and an ongoing list of prayer request.

Today's prayer focus is: Forgiveness and a Pure Heart.

I wanted to share some of the scriptures listed on today's prayer guide.

Psalms 24:3-6 Who may ascend the hill of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? 4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. 5 He will receive blessing from the LORD and vindication from God his Savior. 6 Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, O God of Jacob.


Psalms 51:10-12 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Psalms 19:12-14 Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults. 13 Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression. 14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalms 139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Here a few things to help as you seek God for forgiveness and a pure heart:
• Pray that God would give you a pure and honest heart.
• Pray for the Holy Spirit to search you and reveal any hidden or un-confessed sins.
• Pray that He would help you to purify your mind.
• Pray that God would help you to begin to desire the truth of His Word more than anything else.
• Pray that God would help you to offer forgiveness to those who have wronged you. Even if they haven’t asked.

A few additonal Scriptures: 1 Timothy 1:5; Philippians 4:8; Ezekiel 11:19-21; Matthew 5:8

I challenge you to make this your prayer not just today, but everyday.



No comments: