Thursday, April 10, 2014

Blessed by Falsehood!



The other day a friend told me of a meeting she attended. During the meeting my name was brought up and some things were said about me. (Nice to have friends who look out for you!)
Anyway, as she told me about the meeting, I kind of wanted to be upset about people saying things about me, especially people who don't really know me.

As I was playing all this over in my mind, the Holy Spirit reminded me of Jesus' words in Matthew 5:11-12. "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of things against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

Now I know the things being said of me we not because I follow Christ. But the enemy of my soul used what was said to try and bring discouragement on me. As I thought about what was said, I began to feel encouraged. Why encouraged? Because this was a lesson in not caring what people think.
I am learning not to care what people say or think about me. All that matters is what Jesus thinks about me! I am striving to be a God-pleaser, not a man-pleaser.

No comments: