Monday, November 3, 2008

What a day!

Sunday was a great day!
We had an amazing attendance.
We baptized 4 people. Always fun welcoming people into the Kingdom.

One of my great friends blessed me with tickets to the Dickie's 500 at Texas Motor Speedway. That's quite an experience!

While at the race, I noticed several people around me wearing headphones attached to a scanner. They were listening to the different racing teams talk to their drivers.
This got me to thinking. I wasn't able to hear what was going on because I didn't have one of those radios! Now here's the thing. How often do we not hear what God is saying to us because we aren't tuned in. I enjoyed the race without having a radio to listen to the teams and drivers communicate. But I wouldn't want to go even one day without being tuned in to what God is saying to me.

Are you tuning in and listening as God speaks to you? How does He speak? Through His Word, through the Holy Spirit, through pastors, teachers and through people around us!

Tune in and listen to God. Especially as you head out to vote tomorrow. Pray before casting a ballot and let God lead you in voting for the leaders He has appointed for our nation, state and city!

No comments: