Friday, October 31, 2008

Enough Already!

I have lost count of how many negative e-mails I have received concerning this Presidential election.
So just for a moment allow me to get on a soapbox!

Obama is not Hitler and not the anti-Christ.I didn't vote for him nor do I agree with his views. However, if he is elected as president I will accept that as God's divine will for our nation. Romans 13:1-2 reminds us that all authority is established by God. Therefore we should pray for our leaders and authority's and we are to submit to and honor them even if we don't like them or agree with them. So we right now should simply be praying for our nation, and for John McCain and Barak Obama.

The important thing is get out and vote. I don't care which candidate you vote for but just vote.
Then after the votes are counted commit to pray for our President.
And whether your candidate wins or not, decide that you are going to honor and submit to the position of authority over us. When we as followers of Christ lead by example it speaks volumes into the lives of the people who are watching us. When we bad mouth, disrespect, and rebel against authorities, this too speaks volumes to those who are watching us.

Okay, I feel better now. Guess I can get off of the soapbox now.

No comments: