Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lessons From Disney World

Lately I've noticed many of my contemporaries are posting lessons they learned while visiting Disney World. I too visited Disney world while in Florida, so since it seems to be the common theme in the blogging world, here are my lessons from Disney World ...

1. It's a small word after all!

Right now the words to the song are most likely playing in your head! You're welcome!
As my family worked it's way through the massive crowds at the Magic Kingdom, I realized that no one knew who I was. Sometimes this can be dangerous. Let me explain.
When we find ourselves in a place where we think no one knows us, we are tempted to lay aside our integrity and character. We reason, "Well no one knows me so it doesn't matter what I do or how I act."
Remember, character and integrity are best defined, "Who you are when no one is looking."(Thanks Bill Hybels for writing that book!)
If I am really a person of charter and integrity, I am going to do the right thing and live a life worthy of a Christ follower, even in a strange city and a large crowd where chances are no one knows me.
And for the record, there's always someone who knows you, every where you go!
On day three of my visit to Disney World, I ran into a friend and his family also enjoying Disney.
I may have been on vacation from being "Pastor Joe" but I wasn't on vacation from being "Joe the Christ follower!"

So the lesson is, be real and be who you're supposed to be no matter where you are.
It's a small world after all!

1 comment:

Micah Crump said...

Good thought! Very true. Thanks for sharing.