Thursday, February 25, 2010

Be Still.

It's been a really busy week. Sunday's are crazy but this past Sunday after doing two servics, we also had a board meeting and a workday for our upcoming Easter Eggstravaganza.
Then Monday started by running back and forth between two hospitals to be with families and check on two people having surgery at the same time. Then Tuesday was anbother busy day filled with a ministers meeting and hospital visits.
All of a sudden it is Thursday afternoon. I find myself sitting at my computer wondering where the week went and how will I get everything done that needs to be done for Sunday?
In the midst of my busyness, I began to think about Psalms 46:10 which says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
Be still, he says. Do you ever think,"if only I could be still, that would be nice." Even in the midst of our busyness and accomplishing this and that, we must make tim to be stil and know God. Many times we rob ourselves by being "too busy to be still".
Why not try it right now. Just stop for a minute. Take a deep breath. And just say "God I'm listening, speak to me."
We could learn a lot by learning to take time each day to be still. How much do we miss because we're too busy? How much less stressed out would we be if we just took a moment to "be still"? As we make time for God, He is exalted. He wants to be the focus of our lives, and to focus you have to be still!

Let's stop the ride and focus for a moment. Be still and know He is God.

No comments: