Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day

The other day as I was visiting with a friend, asking how things were going, she began to tell me that she needed a "snow day". This morning we got up and had 4 inches of snow on the ground. God must have been listening to my friend's cry for a break!
Actually, I know He was listening because I know Him!
Remember Jesus words in Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Did you catch that part? "You will find rest for your souls." God knows when life becomes to much to bear. He's waiting for us to come to Him and find rest for our souls. So may times we just keep on going, even when life becomes too much for us to bear on our own. The "P" word keeps us from going to Jesus to find rest. Yes I mean pride. Pride keeps us from admitting we can't handle things on our own. Many people think admitting you can't handle things is a sign of weakness.  But the apostle Paul cried out to God and God told Paul, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." And then I love Paul's response, He says, "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulities. For when I am weak, then I am storng." (2 Cor. 12:9-10)

So when life becomes too much to bear, run to God and tell Him you need a "snow day". He's waiting for you to come to Him so He can help you find rest for your soul.

No comments: