Saturday, June 26, 2010

Expectations

Just got home from Kids Camp.
What an amazing 4 days hanging out with 8-12 year olds and watching God do amazing things in their lives.
One of the boys in my cabin taught me a huge lesson about expectations.
The other night during the altar time after service, he walked up to me crying and said, "Pastor Joe can you pray for me?"
I said sure, what for? He replied through his tears, "I don't know?"
Moments later as I simply prayed with this little guy, he began to be baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
For those of you doubting, yes God still baptizes people in the Holy Spirit and yes tongues in a real experience. (See Acts 2:4, 1 Corinthians 12:4-10, 28)

Anyway, as I was texting this little guys mom to let her know what her son had just experienced, she replied to my text by stating, "He went to camp on a mission. Before he left he said, Mom, camp is not just about the lake, water slides and fun, Camp is about getting closer to God."

Here's my thought, how often do we expect God to do something in us?
Tomorrow is Sunday, are you going to church out of habit or because you are expecting God to do something great in you?

What are your expectations?
Let's go to church tomorrow, expecting God to move and meet us there!

No comments: