Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Stand in Awe of God

It's been awhile since my last blog post.
It has been a busy summer. Someday, I've got to make blogging a daily habit.

The other day, a friend told me that she regularly read my blog. I was surprised. I didn't realize how many people were reading my blogs.
If you're someone who regularly reads this blog, please sign-up as a follower. Maybe seeing who actually reads my blog will inspire me to blog more.

Today's thought.
Yesterday during my quite time I read Habakkuk 3:2 which is part of a prayer that Habakkuk prayed.
By the way how would you like it if your name was Habakkuk? (Thanks mom for going with something simple like Joe!!)

Anyway, the verse says, "Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy." (Hab. 3:2 NIV)

Have you heard of God's fame? Do you remember the great things He has done in the past?
Do you want to see Him do great things today?
God is still God! The greats things He has done are just the beginning. He is wanting to do greater things for us today. Perhaps He is just waiting for us to remember His fame, and for us to ask and expect Him to do great things.

I love what the apostle Paul wrote in Ephesians 3:20-21, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

Today, stand in awe of God. Start praying like Habakkuk, "I stand in awe of Your deeds, O Lord.Renew them in our day..."

God is up to something great. Are you ready?

No comments: