Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Life is Precious.

Later today, I'll be attending the funeral of the mom of a 12 year old who was on my son's baseball team.
It's sad when a loved one is suddenly gone.
So many times we forget how precious life really is.
We rush through days and weeks, many times taking life for granted.
We get irritated and become impatient with friends and family members. Sometimes we get down right angry.
Never once thinking that we should make things right and part on good terms becausee that could be our last meeting together.

I am reminded of the scripture in James 4:14 that says, "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."

Life is short. Let's make the most of everyday we have with each other.

I'm thankful that death is not the end, but simply the beginning. The Apostle Paul reminds us that to be absent from the body is to be present with Christ. Paul also said, "O, death. Where is your victory?Where is your sting?"

Jesus Christ said, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me even though he dies, yet will he live."

Death is not the end. It's just so cruel and difficult for us to deal with.
But Jesus told us in John 14:1-3 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you may also be where I am."

Just some wondering thoughts.
Enjoy your day. Make the most of every opportunity. Say "I love you" to the ones you love.

No comments: