Friday, November 4, 2011

Walking With Jesus


The other day I had this old song stuck in my head:
"Just a closer walk with thee - Grant it Jesus is my plea - Daily walking close to thee - Let it be, dear Lord, Let it be."

That song got me to thinking. Is daily walking with Jesus what we really long for? or are we too busy to even notice God throughout our day.

A few years ago I heard a pastor say, "Many start out walking with Jesus and end up working for Him."
His point was that we start out walking close to Jesus, but then we let busyness get in the way and instead of walking with Jesus, we just work for Him.

God is more interested in who I am than what I do.
If I spend all my time working for God and helping others find God, but haven't spent time with God myself, I am missing what is most important.

Last week as I read in my "Jesus Calling" devotional notice what it said:
LINGER IN MY PRESENCE A WHILE. Rein in your impulse to plunge into the day's activities. Beginning your day alone with Me is essential preparation for success. A great athlete takes time to prepare himself mentally for the feat ahead of him before he moves a muscle. Similarly, your time of being still in My presence equips you for the day ahead of you. Only I know what will happen to you this day. I have arranged the events you will encounter as you go along your way. If you are not adequately equipped for the journey, you will grow weary and lose heart. Relax with Me while I ready you for action.
(Jesus Calling Devotional, October 29)

Pretty incredible thoughts, don't you think?
So here's my question for you: Are you walking with Jesus or working for Him?

He wants us to walk with Him and to know Him intimately each and every day.
why not stop what you are doing right now and spend a moment with Jesus.

No comments: