Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Grace Flood!

This morning during my time I regularly call "having coffee with Jesus", which is my prayer time, I was reading in the Book of James when verse 6 of chapter 4 stood out in my mind.

James 4:6 But he [God] gives more us grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."

God gives us more grace. God gives us more grace. Yes that is not a typo, I typed it twice. Read it again, God gives us more grace.

Think about it, God has a never ending supply of His grace to see us through any situation, trial, temptation, or whatever we may be facing. When it seems like we can't go on, God gives us more grace. When we feel like we've failed Him again. God gives us more grace. When we can't see through the clouds that seem to hover over our lives, God gives us more grace.

As I thought about this verse, God gives us more grace. I started thinking, why? Why does God give us more grace? Isn't what He's given us already enough?
Then I thought of Paul's writing in 2 Corinthians 12:9; "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'"
God gives us more grace, because when our strength is gone we need His. The more we rely on His grace and His strength and His provision, the closer we cling to Him. In our moments of weakness, He is strong.
When we can't, He can! When we think it's over, He's not finished!
Just something to think about.

No comments: