Thursday, April 30, 2009

Big Storms

Big storms rolled through our area last night and early this morning.
At least they sounded big. The lightening was bright and the thunder was loud.
I woke up when my six year old came and crawled in bed with me. As the Thunder continued my daughter soon began to holler for "mom"! As the third round of storms rolled through, I noticed it was just me and Andrew in the bed, Jennifer had to get in Bonnie's bed!
As the thunder boomed loudly I could tell Andrew was awake and scared. I reached over and pulled him close and assured him everything was alright.

As I lay there with my arm around my son, comforting him during a storm, I couldn't help but think again about my heavenly Father. I'm so thankful for the times when He has pulled me close and assured me everything is going to be alright.

Wouldn't it be nice if we never had to face storms and hard times in our lives. But storms come, sometimes often, into each of our lives. I think God wouldn't trade our storm moments for anything. Because during the storms of life many of us have a tendency to move in close to Him. The stormy times of life produce some very intimate moments with our heavenly Father.

Maybe your in a storm now. Move closer to your heavenly Father. He's waiting to comfort you and to assure you everything will be alright. During storms I often think of a song I heard that said, "Sometimes He calms the storm and sometimes He calms His child." Either way we know God is in control!

Storms are coming, it's alright He's waiting for you to move in closer to Him.

No comments: