Saturday, April 4, 2009

For the Love of the Game

What a great day today. Beautiful weather and baseball.
Today was opening day for Krum Little League Baseball. I am coaching an 8 and under team that one of my sons plays on.
Baseball is such a fun game. I love being outside throwing a ball around or watching two teams square up and play hard!

I was thinking about a Pillar song that I heard on the radio recently called "For the Love of the Game". Can't remember all the lyrics but what stands out in my mind is "We live our life for the love of the game."

That's how Christ wants us to live. Not boring, stale lives. But lives with passion for the Love of the Game! Remember what Jesus said in John 10:10, "The thief comes to steal and to kill and to destroy. But I have come that you may have life more abundantly."

That abundant life Jesus was talking about is life to the fullest. Living life with passion, pursuing the dream and the destiny God has for you. Finding His purpose for your life, and then living out that purpose. That is living life "For the Love of the Game!"

Just a little something to think about!
Let's Play Ball!

No comments: