Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Are you listening?

God is doing amazing things. I know that is a hugely profound statement!
But hang on, really, the past few weeks I have been amazed to watch as God works all around me, even in and through me.

I'm reading Scott Wilson's book Steering Through Chaos (I'll be posting my review of this book on this blog next week!) and in one chapter he mentions that we need to "PLOW - pray, listen, obey, and God will send us the wow factor or answered prayer."

Now I already kenw this, but experiencing the things God has been saying to me and reading Pastor Scott's book and helped me amp up my desire to hear from God.

A few weeks ago I was praying about something, during my prayer time my Blackberry began buzzing due to an incoming e-mail. I usually ignore this during my prayer time, but on this day, for some reason I picked up my Blackberry and the e-mail instantly opened. What I read amazed me. It was another pastor's blog that I often read. He started his blog by saying, "These verse recently jumped of the page at me..." so I grabbed the nearest Bible and turned to the passage. It was like God was speaking directly to me. I had to read it again to make sure, and yep, these verses were a direct confirmation to what I was feeling and praying about AT THAT VERY MOMENT!

So guess what? Now I am making sure that I PLOW (pray, listen, obey, and wait for the wow) everyday. and I can honestly tell you that God talks, impresses, confirms something every time I am expecting to hear from Him.

So I guess my question for you today is.... Are you listening?

As I was writing this post I am listening to a Mercy Me song called "Word of God Speak". Kind of seemed appropriate! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JK_6osCH74

He's speaking, are you listening?

No comments: